Sacrament of Confirmation (Youth)
It is a blessing and privilege of every Catholic to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation. This is one of the Sacraments of Initiation in the Church. In receiving this Sacrament, you are Confirming your own baptismal promises, in which your parents and God-parents had done for you in your Sacrament of Baptism.
Am I ready to be Confirmed?
Our youth are a great blessing to our Church. We know some strongly adhere to Catholic life and practice, we know some rarely connect with Catholic life and practice, and there are others in all sorts of places in between. To start the preparation program the requirements we expect:
- You must have first received the Sacraments of Baptism, Reconciliation and Holy Communion
- You are to find a Sponsor, who will help guide you through making this Sacrament and be a good example of the Faith to you
- Attend three years of high school Religious Education classes
- Attend the rituals during the year with your family and Godparents
- Have an understanding of the Sacraments you are to receive
- Attend Sunday and Holy Days of Obligation Masses
- Participate in our Parish Festival and Fundraisers
- Complete Service Projects both Corporal and Spiritual
- Attend a Retreat every year
- Parents attendance at Parent Meetings is required
- Sponsors are required to attend with their Candidate to certain events and prayer services
If your teen is attending a Catholic School, please contact the Director of Religious Education when your teen is in their Junior Year of High School to sign them up for Confirmation.