Sacrament of Reconciliation and First Holy Communion
2nd Grade Sacrament Policy:
Children are to be enrolled in Religious Education classes the year prior to the year they receive Holy Communion, as a norm of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee. This means if a child is to receive Holy Communion in 2nd grade, they are to be enrolled in 1st grade classes the year before.
Children older than 2nd Grade who have not yet received Reconciliation and Holy Communion:
Must attend two years of Religious Education classes and have a comprehension of the Sacraments they are to receive.
- Parents hand in a copy of their child’s baptismal certificate
- Student has completed two consecutive years of religious formation instruction
- Attends scheduled Religious Education classes
- Student has an understanding of the Sacraments by the time they receive the Sacraments in May
- Attends Sunday and Holy Days of Obligation Masses
If your child is attending a Catholic School, please contact the Director of Religious Education at the Rectory to make sure your child receives their Sacraments in 2nd Grade.